Soft Oreo Cookies

This cookie is such an easy one to make, I remember making it in Jr. High cooking class.  Lately I love to play with the frosting.  Some of the variations that I have made include mint and cherry almond.  Adam likes the Cherry Almond frosting better than the original.


Cookie:

2 packages of Devil Food cake mix
1/2 Cups shortening
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix well. Roll in size of a cherry.  Put on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 to 13 minutes.  Cool on cookie sheet slightly before removing.  Frost when cooled.

Frosting

8 ounces Cream Cheese
1 tsp. vanilla
4 Tbsp. margarine or butter
3 1/2 Cups powdered sugar

Mix Well.  When I am playing with the flavoring I leave out the vanilla.  I add the other extracts or flavorings  to taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment