Oatmeal Cookies

The last couple of weeks I have wanted oatmeal cookies.  I pulled out the recipe I've had forever and they didn't turn out the way I wanted.  So a couple of days later I made them again and got them to work, they taste wonderful.  I love how light they are.  We ate almost all of the cookies that day, Adam has already asked for more.


Oatmeal Cookie

1/2 Cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/4 Cups flour
1/2 tsp. soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 Cups quick oatmeal
1/2 Cup coconut

Preheat the oven to 375.  In mixing bowl cream the butter and sugars.  Beat in egg and vanilla.  Stir in the remaining ingredients until mixed.  Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets.  Bake 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.  

No comments:

Post a Comment